What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is the utilization of social media networking platforms and sites to promote an item or service. Despite the fact that the terms e-marketing and digital marketing are still dominant in academics, social media marketing is becoming increasingly popular for more and more businesses. Most social media networks have built-in data analytics, which empowers businesses to follow the progress, engagement, and success of their ad campaigns.
Social media marketing is an ever-growing way to promote your business and interact with audiences you might not have reached otherwise. In my opinion, social media is the best place to find people. Huffington Post wrote an informational piece on older generations and social media, and said, “Seniors emphasize the informational and educational aspects of the Internet using it in an encyclopedic fashion.” But there lie so many myths that are pulling people away from social media marketing. Here’s a list of some of the most common myths…
But there lie so many myths that are pulling people away from social media marketing. Here’s a list of some of the most common myths collected by Synectics Media:
- You need to be active on all social platforms, all the time.
- Social media marketing is only for younger audiences.
- Social media marketing won’t work for your industry.
- All platforms are the same.
- The more hashtags, the better.
- Social media marketing is 100% free.
- Negative comments are too risky.
- You just need to post as much as possible.
- Social media marketing is “marketing Kool-Aid”.
- Social media is only used to attract new customers.
- You always need to be promoting.
- You don’t have enough content to share.
Keeping It A Thousand offers several products that can help you learn more about social media marketing, social media management, etc. Just check out any of the digital products found on the Payhip tab of our store.